How to know who is yours
In a world where there is a lot of simulation and impression management. How do you know it’s yours?
Someone posted a photo on Facebook that said “I have to pet a lot because pretending is too much.” The image shows a handsome boy with a perfect beard on the right, but the left side of the face shows that his beard was trimmed. it’s not actually real.
When a young man is ready for marriage, except fear, nothing else holds him, you can go up and propose, but when a young lady is ready, she can’t just propose, all she does is make it known that she’s available.
My mentor often says “love can bring people together, but love doesn’t keep people in marriage, it takes more than love to stay in marriage.”
Natural affection alone cannot withstand the stress of marriage. It’s not enough to just look at the physical attraction in a person and break up with the person. There are principles for choosing a life partner. These principles are
• KNOWLEDGE: The only reason people make the wrong choice in life partner is because they lack knowledge, they don’t have the right information. Society feeds us the wrong information about marriage. Some people follow social media trends to choose a life partner and end up leaving the marriage. A friend of mine said that she won’t get married until she has ten million for the wedding. Although, there is nothing wrong with getting ten million for marriage but having that kind of idea will either give you the wrong partner or the right one.
• DIVINE GUIDANCE: We need God’s guidance to know his. How can you get this guidance, simple! of the word of God. Study the word of God and what it says about marriage. Pray about it and you will definitely receive your answer. •
• SEEK ADVICE AND CONFIRMATION: talk to your mentors, take it to your family, talk to people; You can’t know everything. You need someone to confirm what you have in your spirit, you may have received the word but you need confirmation.
• WHAT IT PROVOKS IN YOU: It provokes your weakness, it provokes your emotional needs, it provokes your physical needs or it provokes PURPOSE in you. Does it make you want to become a better you? Check what it provokes in you.
• IS WILLING TO SHARE: His self-sacrifice, he shares his time, his joy and why it is money with you.