UI / UX Design Trends for 2018 Every Designer Should Follow
UI is the rocket engine that takes a user to the next frontier, but UX is the fuel that powers the engine. Talking about UI in 2018 is talking about UX.
The 2018 UI design trends may surprise you to some degree. Since this year is full of accessibility than looks. Your efforts at each pixel should be more aligned with ease of use rather than hard work on animation, good looks, or color overlays.
Let’s look at the design trends that are likely to make the headlines.
• Join the usability engineering train Usability engineering would be the new user experience in 2018. Since last year, an important paradigm of Bitcoin, Amazon Alexa, Cortana and Blockchain has been seen that determines the real potential for mass adoption that triggers the emerging need for usability that is being suits the masses. In essence, your design style should be so user-friendly that even a kindergarten student can understand it.
• Clear visual language Eliminate unnecessary noise, visual clutter, and provide a content-centric experience. Well-articulated and easy-to-read content attracts target users. So, prioritize your content, eliminate irrelevant noise, and craft clean and clear visual language.
• Voice activated interfaces Simplify user operations by applying voice-activated interfaces. Siri has advanced this trend, prompting users to take action through voice rather than conventional use of click buttons. Apart from this, you can also find other juxtaposed techniques like fingerprint-activated interfaces that reduce the work of clicking.
• Strong colors and contrasting fonts to improve readability Make the design speak for itself by using vibrant colors. Colors have the power to attract attention, evoke emotions and trigger actions.
• Natural curves and simple geometry Adopt a basic look with simple curves and geometry this fall. Avoid overuse of complex colors, graphics, buttons, animations, images, and elements that make your design look clunky and exciting.
• Full screen experiences iPhone X is here. Undoubtedly a trendsetter that gives audiences a new goal of having a full screen experience in what they see on their phone. In addition to this, the trend does not start here. The quality of the images is equally important as it directly influences the orientation of the user towards your application.
In closing, 2018 this time around would be much more influenced by the ethical ramifications of the user’s design choices, pushing designers to focus on ethics. The interconnection between user behavior and design philosophy would be woven as a single entity. So UX wins and becomes the new black.
UI and UX development companies must strictly adhere to these UI / UX design trends to win new age customers.